Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quick one...

Overall a good week. The goal for this week was to PR at the 5K distance and get a long run in. Here is how the week went.

Monday- 4 mile easy. 36:50.
Tuesday-Fartlek style 4 miles. I wanted to know what 8 min pace felt like. I was planning my race strategy and I wasnt sure what my first mile pace should be. 35:56, with a 3rd mile of 8:12. I think I hang with that.
Wednesday-Rest
Thursday-5K. See last post for details.
Friday/Saturday-Rest
Sunday-Long run of 18 miles. I didnt even make it a mile. Lower back stiffened up. Funny, my back has been a little sore off and on but nothing too bad. This morning it didnt loosen up. Walked back. Miserable day.



5 comments:

Christi said...

I am sorry to hear about your back. I hope you heal soon!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Bummer about the back, might need to add some more stretching to your training?

Caratunk Girl said...

Bummer about the back, nothing fun about a sore/tight back. Feel better soon.

Great 4 mile fartlek though!

Karl Stutelberg said...

Hope you know a good physical therapist!

Chuck said...

Hopefully you are feeling better!