Thursday, September 10, 2009

Plugging away....

Since the disneyland half marathon I have not needed any rest. My legs are not sore but lack the extra punch they most often times have. I am getting very comfortable with my new nutrition plan and I feel great. I am noticing that I am not hungry throughout the day. I am never jittery and my brain function seems to be in control. (when my blood sugar is low I am a bear). My training feels different with it. I am using virtually no sugar pre or during like I was. Really helping. Here is how my week went.

Tuesday-Recovery run, no watch, not timed. Felt a little overall fatigue but legs felt great. Softball practice went well too.
Wednesday-21 mile bike ride in 1:25. I rode the run course of the Silverman twice the second time not the flat easy parts. It will be somewhat hilly but the hills are in the middle. I will be running this course right after word since the biggest hill is only 2 miles away. Hmmmm hill repeats anyone? My legs felt stronger today. I am climbing a lot better. I am hoping for another date with the 3 sisters this weekend. See how my climbing is going.
Thursday (today)-6 mile easy run. I am happy to say that I had a great run tonight. Not because I felt good or anything because my brother ran the first 2 with me. He is beginning to change his lifestyle and get more fit. SInce he has moved in with me in 6 months he has lost 70 pounds. He is going to try a sprint distance triathlon in October called Pumkinman. I am so proud of him. i got my six in. Tomorrow easy swim. Saturday brick swim/bike, hoping for 45ish miles all on the race course. Sunday 6 or so mile. Its next week I go for 14 miles. Ohh and pictures are on the way from Disney...just give me some time. QUOTE:

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

feelin the heat?

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Kudos to you and your bro!

Jen Feeny said...

Sounds like you've had a most excellent week! Congrats to the bro for getting back in shape! I'm sure you're a constance source of motivation! Have a fab weekend mister!!!

Tri-James said...

I understand the lack of snap in the legs - I would rather they hurt than just lack the top end.

All in due time.

Chuck said...

Congratulations to your brother on his lifestyle change and weight loss. I am sure that being around you on a daily basis has really made a huge difference.

Keep up the good job. You are really doing great!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

im glad the nutrition is working out! I know when I'm in the clinic full time i'm ALWAYS starving.... keep up the good work !