Sunday, May 10, 2009

The answer is NO

The answer is NO to whether or not I can do a half-marathon in 2 hours flat. I did the the Santa Barbara Half marathon this weekend in 2:10:15 a new PR. Yeah a new PR I was just a bit slow. IT was a bit hilly and I did have a calf problem that wouldnt let go but I was pooped. Better but not as good as I want. I need to be more committed these next couple of months. The run club will be making an appearance at the Disney Half Marathon. That will be my goal there. Sub 2 hours.

I will sit down and write schedules for bear lake, disney, and silverman and tie those into rock and roll January. So I will have the opportunity to step it up a notch. Here are my race details.

57:23 at the 5.9 split
1:12:51 at the 7.2 split
9:56 pace
870th place out of 1954
407th male

Whats with the 5.9 split? i dont know. I think it may the hill between the 6 and 7. The ralays exchanged there. dunno.

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
--William Faulkner

No comments: