Monday, May 30, 2011

Operation Acclimation is in Effect, Ironman 70.3 Hawaii style



Just a little taste of what I went through today.  There will be more to come.  Since I am off this week and I have a little time on my hands, this may be a good week to put together more posts this week.  Here is last week:
Monday-Core/foundation
Tuesday-4 mile easy run.  Super sore from the weekend.
Wednesday-Foundation.  Did I mention my back feels the best it has in YEARS.
Thursday-4 mile trail run.  I took sully's babysitter on the route so she can run him while I am gone.  I miss him big time.
Friday-Rest
Saturday-Travel.  here I am on the big island of Hawaii.
Sunday (today)-6 mile run.  I wanted to feel the humidity and heat.  They are both going to be contenders.  They were rough today.  Went for a small hike a few times today.  Feels good to travel and be fit.

I pick up my bike tomorrow.   So swim and bike tomorrow.  I think I may go 20-30 or so on the new bike and see what I got.  Then I do not know what as far as training goes.  Quote:

"The sun at its rising is referred to Ku, The Ancient Tiki God of War & Strength
In ancient mythic Hawaii, He is the god of war and conflict, but also of resolution and healing."
Ku will give you strength, courage, and wisdom during competition.  It seems someone may be looking over me.  I had a few run-ins with him today, hmmmmm. lol

No comments: