Thursday, April 23, 2009

AFTERMATH

The aftermath from RAGE 2009 has been interesting. I had about 2 days worth of soreness on a scale of 0-10 where 0 is none and 10 is the worst....3. By Tuesday NONE. 2 mile run with no pain/soreness. Pretty wild. I didnt expect that. Another thing I didnt expect is the number of people who have complimented me on a job well done. I am happy about what I as able to do. On a side note I weighed in today. Today I weigh 216 pounds. For those of you keeping score that is a total loss of 70 pounds. May be for my next race I will be under 200 pounds.

Sunday/Monday: REST
Tuesday: 2 mile run before softball
Wednessday: 1000 m in 23 min slow but felt great to get back in the water
Thursday: Ran some intervals-total of 3.53 miles...3 min on/3 min off...7:45, 8:30, and 813 on the "on." Warm up and cool down.
Fri I will rest
SAT? dont know yet
Sun 11 miles last tune up before Santa Barbara

QUOTE:

"A lifestyle is what you pay for;
a life is what pays you."
Thomas Leonard

1 comment:

Karl Stutelberg said...

Ron
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. By the way your intervals are going is sounds like you are close to 2 hour half marathon fitness. I wouldn't push the pace too much tomorrow just put the time in.
My advice for your interval sessions would be: don't run them any faster, keep the length (3min) the same, but now just do MORE! 4 sets, then 5 sets and so on. Can't wait to hear about the half. Keep the blog posts coming.