Thursday, January 14, 2010

Return to speed...

As the 2010 year is opening up I continue to be very optimistic. I am reaching my early goals and if things continue this way, I will be pleased. I did not make time to review any literature this week. Here is how my week has gone:

Monday-Recovery run of 3 miles
Tuesday-Ended up resting but I had wanted to do a Kettle Bell workout and core. Didn't get to it.
Wednesday-5 mile training run. Slow and sure.
Thursday (today)- I have been wanting to try my hand at the progressive run. I know that they are best for longer runs but I have been wanting to try it. Here are my splits for my 4 mile progressive run. 9:43 (wanted 9:40), 9:27 (wanted 9:20-9:30), 9:06 (wanted 9:00-9:10), and 8:43 (wanted sub 8:50). I felt strong and did not get that old muscle pain. It just blows my mind at how different I feel. I can feel that this year is going to be much stronger. Quote:

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
Albert Einstein





5 comments:

Thomas Bussiere said...

I like the quote.
Keep up the good work - Looking strong.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Nice work

Amanda said...

well done. hard work pays off

Chuck said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you have taken your running to the next level! Based on your 4 mile progressive run, you are ready to break the 2 hour barrier at the Surf City Half.

Karl Stutelberg said...

Last 2 miles at goal pace! You need to put in some weekly time/mileage at this pace and a mid week shorter run is a great time to do that. Add a mile at this pace every other week then try a fast finish long run where you will close the last 2-3 miles of an 8 miler at that some pace! You could also split up a run at goal pace with short recovery like Andi did the other day. Nice work. Keep it up!
Karl