Sunday, July 17, 2011

A mixed bag...

There really isnt a whole lot to report.  There are a lot of things brewing but they will have their time.  Right now it is about doing the best I can with what I got.  This week was different since I had some entertaining to do.  What I have is heat, which requires early morning workouts and early bed times.  With a lot going on at work and home, I have struggled with those time frames.  Here is how the week went:

Monday-Strength and core.
Tuesday-Easy run.  4 miles slow and easy.  Sore and tired....
Wednesday-Bike hills.  Pushed for sleep.
Thursday-Training run.  5 miles.  Tried to pick it up on the way home and had a 8:45 mile 5 up a hill.  Felt pretty good.
Friday-Scheduled day off.
Saturday-Swim/Bike Brick.  Swam 1800-2000 meters.  Hard to tell with the water WAY up at lake mead.  I felt very strong on the swim.  I did some pic ups and was able to go longer than I thought with a higher paced swim.  I think I am due to have a better swim at pumkinman.  The transition was slow.  Bike was boulder beach to the tower where t2 will be at pumkinman.  The last 9.5 miles will be a 1500 foot gain.  I am happy with that bike.  1:27:20.  Had a bbq at the house and had a late night.
Sunday-Long bike.  scratched for "hangover" type symptoms.  lol.  Slept in.  Quote:

Running is a lot like life. Only 10 percent of it is exciting. 90 percent of it is slog and drudge. David Bedford


Chuck said...

Yesterday morning I watched a replay of the 2010 Ironman World Championships. I constantly found myself thinking of you. The commitment and courage it takes to be called an "Ironman" is unbelievable. Keep up the hard work Ron. You can do it!

Jill said...

Hopefully you watched the Tour de France and got your bike "ride" in Sunday! :)

I've been reading a couple blogs this morning about those going to IM Lake Placid next weekend and thought about you and couldn't agree more with your friend, Chuck! Be strong, that 10% exciting is what will live in your heart when you cross that finish line...the other 90% drudge will quickly vanish and be foregotten.

Karl Stutelberg said...

Its all about the journey my man!