Wednesday, February 18, 2009

one last post before the race....

So Monday went to the pool and swam. 500 meters in 11:14. Some 8-9 min faster than my first 500 meter time trial. I am hoping for sub 15 min at the race. Tuesday easy run of 2.45 miles in 23:01 a 9:22 pace right before softball. I am going to run 3 miles tomorrow. I am shooting for sub 30 min 5k at my race on saturday. Tonight a 12.15 mile ride in 53:24 complete with hills and traffic lights. My goal is 45 min for the race. so altogether I am shooting for sub 1:30. With transitions may be difficult but thats my A goal. B goal 1:40 and C goal finish happy and healthy.

My plan is to work 3/4 day tomorrow, drive to Murrieta, Ca and hang with Julies cousins. Fri drive to race site and swim 5-10 min in the water, I want to feel it. Then ride a lap or 2 of the course to feel it. Then do a 5-10 min run just to feel it. I WANT TO FEEL IT. Then pick up my packet and do some shopping. Id like a new tri top. Something to make me feel good. Saturday kick ass. Sunday recover see how I feel. Drive home. DONE. quote:

The vision of a champion is a guy who is bent over, gasping for breath, dripping in sweat, when no one is watching.

Unknown


my favorite quote of all time

2 comments:

Karl Stutelberg said...

good luck Ron. Go get em.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Ron. I will be cheering ya on.