Sunday, February 1, 2009

weekly/monthly totals

wednessdays run was cold and miserable at 5:30 but I did it. 3 miles 29:40. I had plans on some intervals but It was all I could do to not go get cozy in the bed. Thursday had a great swim. 2 warm-up laps then 14 laps with the gloves on for all and every other lap was a right/left breath every 3 strokes. Cuts down on the number of breaths per length and is really hard on the lungs. No breaks during the 14 laps in 18 min. Then 2 cool down laps. Fri off. Saturday had an open water swim of about 500 yards then transition to bike then a 10 mile ride in 47:53 ave pace of 12.6 mph. It was on the river mountain loop trail right next to the lake heading n. Beautiful and fun and challanging. Played 2 softball games and next week is the last week thank god. Today a 9.23 mile bike ride on the river mountain loop trail starting at the railroad pass heading n, ave pace of 13 mph and then timed T2 of 4:55 and a 3 mile run with a few 12% grade hills on them and finished in 28:21 ave pace of 9:26. I had a slow T2 while I was kinda waiting for everyone to start our group run. totals are as follows:

Weekly:
swim 3050 yards and 500 of those open
bike 19 miles in 1:30:36 all on the river mountain loop trail
run 6 miles in 58:01
2 softball games and several strength training

January:
Swam 12, 250 yards or 7.6 miles
bike 56 miles plus trainer and spin class
run 31.26 miles

What I was thinking is during my long run sessions for the next race (RAGE in the sage april 18, 2008) I will prepare for a half marathon. and for the half silverman I will include runs to prepare for phoenix rnr marathon. I mean if I have my runs up to 15-16 miles then 2 months I can get that mileage up to 20 ish. just add more running miles?

"Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the keys to my destiny." ---Elain Maxwell

bring it on.....

1 comment:

Karl Stutelberg said...

Ron
Nice month of training! Just keep progressing everything steadily. Consistency is the key to improvement.
www.reioutlet.com has some great deals on bike stuff. Just fyi
Have a good week.
Karl