Sunday, December 21, 2008

cold cold cold

cold sucks. this week had rain, snow, and cold. Friday did not get my run secondary to extreme leg soreness from my P90X leg/back workout. BRUTAL. Saturday had an easy 15 min swim, 7 laps followed by a 53:59 bike that was scheduled to be 40 min but ran into some ICE and had to walk the bike a ways so I made up for it. Sunday an easy 15 min bike ride followed by 4 mile run. No details were available secondary to the watch dying before I even started.

WEEKLY TOTALS:
swimming approximately 50 minutes in the pool traveling 1500 meters
Biking 2:15:00 traveling 15 miles
running 45 minutes traveling 4 miles
strength 1 hour legs/back (need more next week)

Overall, decent week. Looking forward to more distance covered. It is after all the first week. With an indoor trainer (that I will get this week) I will be able to be warmer. I'm not liking this cold business. Long swim tomorrow followed by short bike. quote:

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Steve Prefontaine, American running legend

1 comment:

Karl Stutelberg said...

We are feeling the same coldness out here. Frustrating! I was going to go long this morning but it was cold AND windy!

Quote: "If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything." --George McFly