Sunday, December 7, 2008

UNofficial results are in

Ahhh the Las Vegas 1/2 marathon was over in a flash. A lot of people big, small, short, tall, elite, not-so-elite were there. Its the people that make a good race. Of the people close to me who were running I finished first. My poor wife was sick this week with a gnarley bug of some sort. It takes her being real sick for me to beat her. But she gutted her way through it and I am very proud of her because it wouldnt have been real easy to quit. My dad did his best and he also had a PR. He did quite well considering he did not know how to speed train. Hes got guts. Art poor guy wasnt prepared. For as good a runner as he is he could have demolished me but on this day I was faster. Unofficially I had a 2:12:29 on my watch. Mile splits are as follows:

10:23
10:16
10:04
10:13
10:03
9:55
10:21
10:08
9:50
10:09
10:17
9:56
10:07
40 sec tenth with a max speed of 7:21 pace

I had trouble wtih the people in the beginning. Weaving in and out. I tried to make up for it and just couldnt keep my pace up. The water stations allowed for slight walking but otherwise no walking. Overall I am very happy. I wanted 2:10, I wanted to maintain a 10 min/mile pace and achieved 10:07. Not bad for my first half some 18 min slower and walking those 18 min. Triathlon training begins. This week we pick a race and start official training (easy runing Karl) prolly next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Karl Stutelberg said...

Very even splits. I'm impressed! How did you feel the last 3 miles? Way to go Ron!

Stephanie Collins said...

Congrats!