Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well Merry Christmas. I got some tri stuff. Tri shorts and top, swim gloves (used em today), tri bag with lots of compartments for gear, bike bag, bike pump, indoor bike trainer (soooo sweet) and some apparel. GEARED UP. Since my last post, I put my trainer to use. Yesterday I did a total of 40 min, 10 min warm up on the big ring, 5 intervals of single-leg biking ( 1 min R, recover both, 1 min L) X 5, 1st and 2nd on the big ring, 3-5 on the second chain ring, then ten min cool down. Would you beleive that my core is what wouldnt allow the one-leg biking? WOW that was a challenge. Today swam. (ahhh a christmas swim with my wife.) 4 lap warm-up using my speedo swimming gloves in 8:30 including rest, 7 intervals with times of 0:57, 1:01, 1:07, 1:05, 1:08, 1:12, and 1:08. Then a 2 min cool down in 3:42, 24:38 total. The gloves signifcantly increase shoulder muscle work. Lats and rotator cuff felt the most. Run tomarrow, swim/bike saturday, and bike/run sun. Hope all is well. Hows this for a christmas quote:

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
--William Faulkner
Thats why we swim on cristmas.

1 comment:

Karl Stutelberg said...

That is awesome that you got a trainer for your bike! Glad to hear you are enjoying the swim. Running should be good tomorrow but even better on Saturday (weather-wise). Merry Christmas!
The Stutelbergs