Sunday, January 11, 2009

The most rewarding week yet....

Ok forgot to post on thursday so here we go. Wednesday decided to change the weekly intervals to mix in a hill. Total of 3.06 miles with a fast opening mile of 8:29 to a hill roughly 1/2 mile long and a 6% grade. up in 4:53, down in 5:01 and then back up 4:30 then cruise back home. Overall a very challenging run. 30 minutes. Thurday swim: 2 warm-up laps, 10 laps with the gloves (lats were screamin) 2 laps with a rest X 5, and then 2 cool down laps. Friday rest.

Now here is where we get fun. Decided to do another time trial on 500 meters swim. 12:14!!! then I biked 11 miles in 47:02, had to deal with traffic, changing routes, and changing from street to path so there is room to be faster on the race. Averaged 15 mph. I wasnt even in the fastest gear, which I learned today. After my training I had 2 softball games then followed by a really long practice for this tournament team they want me to play on. I pitched for a lot of it and I was absolutely exhausted. I woke up this morning VERY sore but I had to get my stuff in. So I attempted my first transition time trial. I rode for 8 miles in 25:12 on the biggest gear to poop my legs out. Set up my transition area just like the race and went from cycle shoes to running shoes. 2:52....Then I wanted to see what my fastest 2 miles would be like. 2 miles in 16:42. sunday total of 8 miles with timed transition. Weekly summary:

Swim a distance of 2350 meters but did not log overall time. 1.46 miles. new PR established in 500 meter in 12:14

Bike a total of 2 hours 12 minutes with promising results. Can I do 11 miles with distractions in less than 40 min?

Run a total of 5 miles this week in 46 minutes...what can my PR be in running?

Strength a total of 1:30 min....
Softball 5 hours (too much)

Last week wondering what I got myself into after looking at last years time results. This week...I think I can hang. How many clydesdales do the sprint in 1:15? (answer: the winner) A very optimistic first sprint but I think my training may prove this doable. A 15 min swim, 35 min bike, and 25 min run? 1:15 baby. which brings us to this weeks quote:

There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.
Phyllis Bottome


arent our bodies
funny?

No comments: