Sunday, January 4, 2009

new years week totals

Well no posts since tuesday secondary to really not feeling like posting on New Years day. Wednesday I had a big run. 9 intervals with a 1 mile warmup and a 1.93 mile cool down. Total of 59:00 flat. 2 min on 2 min off X9. On the end of the run a major hill of 21% grade for about .75 miles ( south on green valley parkway.) Thursday 4 easy laps, then 9 intervals all less than 1:16, then 2 more laps. I was lethargic but I got it done. Friday rest. Saturday did a 500 meter time trial in the pool. 14:57 then 3 laps cool down 20 min total. While using my bike cleats for the first I then cpmpleted a 55 min ride of 9.73 miles on the river mountain trail one of my new and favorite places. Today, 20 min sprint on the trainer in all gears then a 4 mile run including hills in 40:39. My legs are pooped. Here are this weeks totals:

swim total time 1:30 covering a distance of 2450 meters or 1.87 miles
bike total time 2:25:00 covering a distance of more than 10 miles using trainer
run total time 1:4o covering a distance of 9.46 miles
stregnth did 1:30 of strength training and I played softball yesterday.

Less biking this week and more swimming and running. Not on purpose just wanted to get my swimming and running better. This weeks quote:

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
or what's a heaven for?

Robert Browning

is a half ironman possible?

No comments: